Technical Services Manager
Montreal QC ca
11 days ago
As a Technical Services Manager, you’ll be responsible for the smooth functioning of the tech services offered to Ubi MTL employees.
You’ll oversee all IT operations within the studio: IT and events support as well as software and hardware evaluation, implementation, and deployment.
With the help of dedicated team leads, you’ll guide a multidisciplinary group of about 40 people in delivering quality services. Together, you’ll follow the rhythm of studio employees, especially those on game production teams, adapting to their sense of urgency and listening to their needs.
Plus, you’ll play an essential role in preparing the studio for the new realities (and challenges) of tomorrow, keeping up to date with current trends and coming up with solutions to guide us into the future.
What you’ll do
- Plan and manage all of Ubisoft Montreal's IT operations, based on the studio's vision.
- Provide your team with all they need to work efficiently and provide quality technical services (tools, pipelines, communication channels, etc.).
- Regularly meet with your team members to assign and align their tasks, prioritize projects, give updates, discuss solutions, follow up on progress, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate with collaborative teams (such as work environment, security, logistics, etc.).
- Work closely with technical experts to equip the studio with the most appropriate technologies.
- Anticipate and assess complex and urgent problems + propose adapted solutions.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth.
- Stay up to date on technological advances and industry standards + identify improvement opportunities to evolve our processes, methods, and practices.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in IT operations or development (or other relevant experience)
- Experience managing a team
- A degree in a technical field (or related training)
- Knowledge of IT-related tools (ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, Citrix, VPN, etc.) *
- The capacity to balance shifting short-term priorities with long-term goals
- A strong ability to adapt to change
- A collaborative and solution-oriented spirit + client-focused mindset
- Solid interpersonal & French and English communication skills
- Innovation that drives you to explore and create new ways of doing things
*An understanding of video game production tools (e.g. programming and creation software, game consoles, audio/video programs, etc.), a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.