Technical Release Manager
8 days ago
Job Posting TitleTechnical Release Manager
SummaryTechnical Release Manager – responsible for assisting the Technical Operations Manager ensuring high quality standards, who has attention to detail, and will be responsible for the design, implementation, migration, management and co-ordination of a formal release cadence.
The ideal candidate will possess expert skills in both the tactical and logistic aspects of release management and will be readily equipped to hands-on manage our internal Jira projects.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, focusing on internally coordinating the Global Technology Groups Inflight and proposed Releases;
- Responsible for the design, implementation, migration, management and co-ordination of a formal release cadence.
- Conduct meetings with internal technology teams to create transparency of release status, risks and constraints.
- Ensure the communication of releases to stakeholders is accurate and on a regular cadence.
- Previous experience training and introducing Sprints and story points to teams.
- Managing technology team releases providing weekly updates, working with different departments and teams ensuring alignment of releases.
- Responsible for mapping, tracking and reporting on Jira Epic/Story/Task/Defect per release.
- To work with our Project Managers to provide Scenario Plans for any new Product requests.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Hosting retrospectives, getting value add from those sessions and driving service improvements across the Global Technology group.
- Ensuring release documentation is accurate and aligned to Global Technology policies.
- Creation of Jira Queries/Reports represented in Confluence.
- Creating weekly status reports based on updates provided by teams for an executive audience.
- Creation of flowcharts from processes to visually show improvement opportunities.
- Establish, develop and implement release management governance and process.
- Collaborate with the Automation team to build an automated release processes .
- Fluent in SCRUM and Agile methodologies.
- Improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- This is a role that supports Global teams hence flexibility in hours is required.
- Able to demonstrate Aristocrat values.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years’ experience providing ICT Release Management in an ITIL operational or engineering environment.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®) required; other certifications, such as Program Management Professional ( PgMP ®), Portfolio Management Professional ( PfMP ®), Certified ScrumMaster®, preferred.
- ITIL Certified
- Experience in running a team with regular cadence ( e.g. sprints/retro's, planning) and keeping them on track.
- Confluence (2 years +)
- Jira (2 years +)
- Microsoft Products
- MS Project/PWA (Project Web Access)
- Change Management experience
- Familiar with different project methodologies, Agile, Scaled Agile, Lean / Six Sigma, Waterfall
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.