Technical QA Analyst
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you will do
This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. We are actively looking to staff to support the Unreal Engine.
Do you have natural curiosity and a keen sense of observation? Do you have the ability to break up complex problems into their shortest form and succinctly explain them to varied audiences? Are you excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are you highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts.
- Use testing techniques to verify if products are within predetermined quality standards.
- Analyze, triage and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues.
- Report, track and use data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Support developers before, during and after deployments.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Technical understanding of embedded toolsets, DCC, plugins.
- Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
- Experience with multiple platform testing, such as OSX, Windows, Linux and Game platform SDKs.
- Knowledge in at least one of these areas
- Game Engines or 3D toolsets
- APIs and API testing experience.
- Games as a Service
- Performance testing
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- At ease with installing SDKs, plug-ins and modules for testing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System).
- Prior experience with test automation tools.
- Knowledge of Art tools (3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, etc…).
- Experience in Gameplay scripting (Unreal Engine Blueprints, C# Scripting in Unity, etc..)
- Experience with landscape creation tools (Vue, Terrain, Terragen…) and 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of programming languages and core programming concepts.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.