Technical QA Analyst - Virtual Production
Los Angeles, CA United States of America
6 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
A Technical QA Analyst owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work and is part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
We are actively looking to staff our Virtual Production QA team for Unreal Engine. In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Leverage production knowledge to create test strategies and test plans that cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with on-stage workflows or pipelines in the context of Virtual Production which could be in the form of:
- Performance capture (MOCAP or facial capture)
- Virtual Reality
- LED Walls
- Video equipment such as SDI video capture cards, cameras, and master clocks
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
- Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System)
- Prior experience with test automation tools