Technical Project Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Project Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! And we invite you to use your skills, time, and passion on projects that are building the future. We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Technical Project Manager at PlayStation, you will lead projects developing new software, and hardware technology for Cloud Gaming.
- You will influence teams that craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve critical software systems.
- You will work with key partners on gathering requirements, identifying risks, lead schedules, and communicate the status across.
- You will also work with both, internal and external development teams to define project milestones, schedules, deliverables, and the progress of various projects.
- Provide software development and project management, multi-functional coordination, and communications to deliver program outcomes.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering efficiency, as well as meeting project goals and objectives.
- Lead several technical programs for Cloud Engineering, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring success metrics are advising future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
- Problem solving within fast-paced and constantly evolving environments, with the ability to bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
- Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams.
- Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to partners effectively and proactively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies and solutions.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, in cloud computing new technologies or related technical field.
- Strong working experience with Project Management tools (i.e., Atlassian suite), Agile and Scrum methodologies in leading technical projects.
- Ability to prioritize well and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals incorporating external partners
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Gaming and start-up experience.
- Experience working with video streaming and distributed services is a plus.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM certifications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.