Technical Project Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
At Future Technology Group, we are transforming the experience of play through bold innovation and technical creativity, using our skills and passion to push the boundaries of what is possible and build the future for PlayStation.
Future Technology Group’s project portfolio covers R&D, production engineering, and operations.
As a Project Manager, you will work with internal development teams and external stakeholders to define and deliver several projects, using your Project Management skills and experience to ensure best value.
- Define project objectives
- Develop project plans
- Monitor and control projects
- Manage issues and risks
- Report progress
- Manage stakeholders
- Tailor processes to projects
- Contribute to process improvement
- Play an active role in our Project Management community of practice
What We Are Looking For
- Three years of experience working as a Project Manager in a related field (e.g. games projects, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, audio)
- Ability to manage complex projects: high risk, high cost, high importance, high visibility, multi-organization, multi-site
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders in formal and informal contexts, including presentation skills
- Skilled in facilitating, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team and proactively on your own
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Agile practices, e.g., Scrum
- Experience with commonly used Project Management tools, e.g., Atlassian suite
- Passionate about using Project Management practices to deliver best value for the organization
- As the role is global, some international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- Project Management qualifications, e.g., PMP, PMI-ACP, APM, PRINCE2, CSM
- Experience with research projects
- Understanding of technologies used in building games and game platforms
- Able to quickly acquire high level understanding of new technologies
- Previous experience of managing relationships with third party vendors (such as data providers)
- Previous experience working with teams across multiple regions
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.