Technical Project Manager (IT)
8 days ago
The IT Technical Project Manager (IT-TPM) contributes to The Pokémon Company International’s success by leading enterprise IT solution projects from initiation to launch. The IT- TPM participates in project management process improvements, providing structure, establishing procedures and tools to order to increase efficiency and transparency for the Technical Program Management Office (TPMO).
What You Will Do
- Champions and drives Hybrid Project Management which blends the predictive traditional project management practices and the adaptive Agile methodologies.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate user needs to support systems solutions that support overall business strategies, document system requirements, and develop business process-visualizations (flows, swimlanes) and narratives.
- Leads stakeholders through the discovery process and then develops the project plan including objective(s), requirements, resourcing, and dependencies.
- Coordinate and balance requirements, resources, dependencies, dates, deployment plans, and more across multiple internal and external teams, working with both Agile and traditional project management methodologies.
- Drive vendor selection process, onboarding, and training.
- Lead Scrum Master functions such as sprint planning, retrospectives and participates in daily scrum stand-ups for project development teams.
- Facilitate project meetings, technical deep dives, cross-functional workshops, stakeholder engagement sessions, and project reviews.
- Analyze data to understand issues and take corrective actions when needed, knowing when and how to escalate.
- Contributes to TPMO processes, standardization, and best practices.
What You Will Bring
- 4+ years as IT Project Manager, Scrum Master, IT Business Analyst, or IT Consultant with experience working with enterprise IT solution rollouts.
- Solid domain experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions that encompass Finance, Supply Chain and Global Trade Management and integrations with connected systems and familiarity with Product Development/Product Lifecycle Management process.
- Experience with project management for large scale, multi-million-dollar technology initiatives spanning cross-functional teams with complex deployments.
- Solid foundation in project management practices as well as experience working with Agile teams.
- Experience creating dashboards, road maps and other reporting for the executive level.
- Familiarity with navigating in JIRA, Confluence, Workfront, SharePoint, Smartsheet preferred.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.