This job might no longer be available.
Technical Project Manager, Defence
10 days ago
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
Improbable Defence is hiring project managers in 2020 as we begin a number of significant programs of work with our Defence customers. The PMO group in our Defence division are ultimately responsible for the successful, customer relationship, profitability, quality, and on-time delivery of significantly complex and multi-year programs that underpin the success of the company.
This role in particular is an opportunity to drive the successful delivery of a brand new piece of customer engagement. You will be integral in delivering a new capability focussed on operational decision-support directly to the customer that brings together all of the innovation in synthetic environments that we have built so far. Your remit will focus on our engineering teams, with stakeholders across product, program and delivery management.
Areas of impact
- You will have a key role focussed not only on delivery quality but also reporting the health of the project to key stakeholders.
- You will accurately scope & track work to ensure we mitigate any risk and you will communicate consistently as the project continues.
- You will empower our teams to deliver a best in class software platform that excites our users.
- You will define and iterate frameworks that enable our team to deliver our goals.
- You will create communication hubs through which information flows.
- You will provide and ensure guidance for cross-engineering collaboration to exist and be effective.
- You will inspire trust by being helpful and impartial, influencing positive outcomes without having to rely on authority to force change.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have experience scoping and delivering Agile technology projects, ideally complex software platforms
- You have experience working collaboratively with customers, vendors and/or internal engineering groups to deliver successful projects
- You will be experienced with developing project schedules, metrics and communication channels; using both written & verbal channels to report risks, opportunities and progress
- You appreciate the technical tradeoffs when building software and can empathise with engineers, customers and partners alike
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.