Technical Project Manager, Data
12 days ago
GSN Games is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Data team.
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are a team of data engineers, data scientist and analysts building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the billions of records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between. Our team supports data platform, analytics and Machine Learning initiatives across the company.
As Technical Project manager, you will be responsible for managing the data engineering teams developing and supporting our large scale initiatives, as well as ensuring effective delivery of requests from stakeholders. You’ll also function as the interface between Data Engineering team and our internal studios, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class data products.
- Project manage cross-team initiatives.
- Work with Product Owners to understand requirements and create a project schedule/deadlines, manage dependencies, run meetings and push teams to deliver on time.
- Document project progress, provide periodic reporting to senior management.
- Help define best practices.
- 2-3 years full lifecycle Agile Project Management in a technology environment. Beyond monitoring projects, you’ve demonstrated accountability and regularly taken steps to ensure projects are delivered completely, smoothly, and on time, to the delight of stakeholders.
- 2-3 years Project Management experience with the ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects
Experience managing Sprints across multiple engineering disciplines
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- An assertive self-starter who thrives on the challenges of working with new and varied technologies
- In pursuit of big picture goals, you delight in the details. Your track record demonstrates aggressive and flexible resolution of loose ends, gaps, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies. You take pride in your work, and it is “buttoned up.”
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience using Jira & Confluence
- Experience with, and a deep interest in Big Data platforms, and Machine Learning products
- Ability to work well in a global environment