Technical Project Manager (BI)
16 days ago
The Business Intelligence Project Manager (BI PM) contributes to The Pokémon Company International’s success by managing projects building Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for internal clients. Our new BI team is tasked with enabling analytics and data-driven decision-making across the company by driving data standards, training, and administration of the analytics tools and applications. As a member of the Technical Program Management Office (TPMO), the BI PM will also contribute to process improvements, providing structure, establishing procedures and tools to order to increase efficiency and transparency for the Technology Organization.
What You Will Do
- Champion and drive Hybrid Project Management which blends the predictive traditional project management practices and Agile methodologies.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams within both Business Intelligence & Technology Organization to manage initiatives that improve data capture, flow, integrity, and security throughout enterprise data applications.
- Leads stakeholders through the discovery process and then develops the project plan including objective(s), requirements, resourcing, project plans, timelines, risk tracking, and dependencies.
- Facilitate project meetings, technical deep dives, cross-functional workshops, stakeholder engagement sessions, and project reviews.
- Participate in sprint planning, retrospectives and participates in daily scrum stand-ups for project development teams.
- Analyze data to understand issues and take corrective actions when needed, knowing when and how to escalate.
- Coaches others on Agile methodologies and project management best practices.
- Contributes to TPMO processes, standardization, and best practices.
What You Will Bring
- 4+ years’ working experience in technical project/program management roles with a solid foundation in project management practices.
- 2+ years previous experience in business intelligence, analytics, or related fields
- PMP certification or formal education in project management is preferred.
- Experience with project management for large scale, multi-million-dollar technology initiatives spanning cross-functional teams with complex deployments.
- Solid technical background, with an understanding of SDLC, web technologies, implementation, and roll-outs.
- Strong understanding of various Agile delivery methods (Kanban, Scrum, Lean).
- Experience creating dashboards, road maps and other reporting for the executive level.
- Familiarity with navigating in JIRA, Confluence and Smartsheet preferred.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite ambiguity, obstacles or setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.