Senior Manager, Technical Program Management
7 days ago
At Unity, we are looking for people to join us in our Developer Services organisation to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We are scaling our efforts to increase development effectiveness, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and enhanced productivity as we grow globally.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Program Management in Developer Services, you will be accountable for driving the execution of various initiatives. You will lead a team of Technical Program Managers, ensuring their personal growth and development while focusing on maturing production practices throughout Developer services. As a strategic partner you will be the go to person for cross-functional and R&D program initiatives that will have a significant impact on Unity & our customers.
You will report to the Director of Program Management, and work as a partner with the Director of Developer Services and the global leadership team, to drive change and alignment.
If you are a skilled and self-motivated technical program manager and leader, who can slice complex problems into clear, actionable approaches, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and ensure adoption of new and improved practices to simplify project delivery
- Increase the TPM team productivity impact by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean
- Lead how we shape and build solutions with transparency, open communication and guidance
- Establish and maintain a close partnership with all colleagues in a program and drive delivery from concept to live
- Develop tactical product plans and roadmaps prioritising capabilities to project execution
- As a program management leader, work with TPMs across the R&D organization to improve operations and collaboration with development teams
- Partner with Product Managers and Technical Leads to deliver solutions that meet our engineering and operational requirements
- Experience managing service operations and development in an enterprise-scale company
- Demonstrable track record partnering with product and engineering teams to define strategy and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong listening skills, and an ability to resolve conflicts in a clear and efficient manner
- Customer-oriented mindset, with a passion for delivering an optimal outcome for our users
- Experience managing a team of program managers, including building and growing the team
- A passionate interest in Unity’s products and mission
- Knowledge of task/product/collaboration management systems (Jira, Favro, Productboard, Airtable, etc)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.