Technical Program Manager
9 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Community is a multi-team product organization that specializes in tools for online community building through user-to-user interactions, plus keeping users safe. This includes important products like Chat, Channel Points, Moderator tools, customer support tooling, and sitewide Safety enforcements. Community organization believes that positive experiences are at the heart of every healthy community on Twitch, and in the importance of Twitch users feeling safe, recognized, and valued as they connect with their communities. As part of this team you will launch experiences for our viewers, creators, and the communities they create, bringing them closer in moments of curiosity, celebration, and support.
Your role, reporting to TPM Manager of Community, will initially focus on evolving and creating products for our largest Chat experiences (events, largest Creator streams), plus disambiguating and delivering new tools for regulations related to user safety.
As a TPM, your primary focus will be delivery of impactful cross-discipline (and cross-team) programs that help users connect and stay safe. You are an expert in your space who can influence across teams, guide the team through ambiguity , and preemptively catch and mitigate risks to success.
- Partner with engineering, product, design, and other roles to plan, then deliver product and tech launches. Manage relevant processes.
- Identify and then resolve dependencies and prioritization conflicts across departments, upholding perspective of what is best for the business and our users overall.
- Provide technical transparency through concise summaries for the programs you own to multiple audiences, including senior leadership.
- Assess risks preemptively, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Collaborate with teams from across the company on Twitch-wide programs that are aimed at upholding technical quality, and sharing technical insights across Twitch.
- 4+ years of technical program management, engineering, or equivalent technical expertise
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement, mitigating risk preemptively, and smooth technical dependency planning
- Experience managing programs across multiple teams to achieve challenging goals
- Understanding of gaming, streaming, and community-building tools
- Experience teaching your technical expertise to others
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.