This job might no longer be available.
Technical Program Manager
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will join the team that is shaping the creator, viewer, and community experience on Twitch across its most used surfaces, like, the homepage, browse, search, raids, dashboard, mobile, and Twitch Studio. You will help us create the foundation that lets creators share high value content with their community and reach a worldwide audience.
We are looking for an experienced program owner who can improve complex cross-functional initiatives and has delivered web or mobile products end-to-end. You will have a passion for driving teams inside and outside the organization to deliver large-scale products that delight millions of creators and viewers around the globe. You will report to the Head of Creator Program Management.
- Own and drive processes to plan, prioritize, and deliver new products, features, critical maintenance, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in and/or across product/engineering/design organizations.
- Streamline and/or eliminate excess processes. Influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, and/or outages.
- Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs. Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical manager, program, developer lead, or equivalent
- Accountability for the strategy of complex programs that you successfully manage through all stages (from concept to delivery).
- A knack for being a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- An understanding of the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements). You influence team technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
- The uncanny ability to plan for the unexpected, making sure that systems (upstream and downstream) are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You plan effectively to make sure projects deliver without wearing out key individuals and system maintainability (and ability to evolve) is not compromised.
- The experience to manage post-launch support plans (e.g. triage , issue/ticket management), run retrospectives/post-mortems. You look for opportunities to incorporate needed system quality and operational excellence improvements into project plans.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.