Principal Technical Program Manager
8 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Video Platform team is building the future of interactive video to serve both Twitch.tv and the AWS community through our recently launched AWS offering, the Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS). With trillions of minutes of video being delivered every year on our platform, we need a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to manage the delivery of our services.
Reporting to a Director of Technical Program Management, you will ensure the teams are delivering the highest quality products and services predictably while meeting the technical needs of our community. You will guide both strategy and tactical decision-making to deliver complex cross-team programs. As well as partner with program managers to help support the strategic deliverables while working with engineering to support important technical efforts.
This is an opportunity to work within Twitch and AWS to help define the next generation of video platforms. You will bring deep technical, program management, and leadership expertise. You will have a desire to find and implement improvements, and a desire to improve product shipment efficiencies.
- Work with engineering, product management, marketing, legal, etc. to deliver the Video Platform
- Manage complex cross team programs from ideation to delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management
- Ensure goals are met on time and hitting our quality bar
- Manage delivery schedules and emergent tasks while mitigating risks, managing tradeoffs, and eliminating blockers
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Twitch principals
- Drive alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership
- 10+ years of PM / TPM experience
- A proven history of shipping quality products on time
- Experience aligning roadmaps and managing disparate tasks with varying priorities
- Experience managing multiple executive sponsors, stakeholders, and dependencies
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Solid ability to find and address risks with all levels of leadership
- Talent in negotiating and resolving conflict smoothly and with or without formal authority
- Understanding of real-time video streaming
- Experience with distributed cloud technologies and projects (AWS)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8047
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Remote US Pay Per Year
$141,600 — $275,300 USD