Technical Program Manager
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
The monetization group at SIE, ensures that millions of users have a great experience when they buy any digital content on PlayStation store across console, mobile and web. This includes building out store fronts, being familiar with partner tools and business policy and overall system architecture. As a Technical Program Manager, you will leverage your passion for tackling complexity head-on, working with diverse team members. You will work with leads from various locations and disciplines to manage full software life cycles and guide engineering teams to successful product releases.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will work very closely with the teams to create
and plan technical roadmaps and projects with engineers, product managers, and designers across multiple teams. You will plan requirements with development teams and usher projects through the entire product life-cycle. You will lead complex, multidisciplinary development projects and work with multiple teams to achieve outstanding results. You will need to be equally at home explaining the team’s analyses, risks and recommendations to executives and stakeholders as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. And finally, you will champion user experience and customer satisfaction as you drive and lead initiatives from concept to production.
- Be a key contributor in the planning and delivery of software projects, spanning multiple development teams in multiple global locations.
- Manage technical program schedules, roadmaps, and trade-offs.
- Partner with Product Management (PdM) to translate the desires of the business into technical requirements.
- Partner with Engineering (Eng) Management to manage best practices, both technical and operational
- Partner with Program Management Office (PMO) to drive large-scale programs from inception to delivery.
- Interface with Engineering Teams to drive progress.
- Interface with Design, Product, and Engineering to drive toward decisions that align with strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate plans and schedules with different program practices (i.e. Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships across departments and groups in order to fully understand and address organizational needs
- 2+ years of technical program or software program management experience.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and release processes
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and principles
- Attention to detail and ability to make good, timely decisions
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate across multiple teams, multiple time zones, and with multidisciplinary team members
- Requires proficiency with project management and communication tools, such as Confluence, Google Suite, JIRA, Office Suite, Slack, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification, is desirable
- Games/Entertainment industry experience, desirable
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.