Technical Program Manager, Product Development
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
6 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About the role:
As a Technical Program Manager at Skillz, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. From large-scale consumer facing applications, to entirely new technologies and products, Skillz’s Technical Program Managers support and power the platform that makes eSport to everyone possible.
What You'll Do:
- Manage software development programs, defining milestones, and success criteria, resource allocation and successful results.
- Develop processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs), and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience managing end-to-end execution of complex programs through the software development lifecycle.
- Proven success leading projects in a fast-paced, growing-organization environment.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and leadership.