Technical Program Manager, Product Development
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
28 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
About the role:
As a Technical Program Manager at Skillz, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. From large-scale consumer facing applications, to entirely new technologies and products, Skillz’s Technical Program Managers support and power the platform that makes eSport to everyone possible.
What You'll Do:
- Manage software development programs, defining milestones, and success criteria, resource allocation and successful results.
- Develop processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs), and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience managing end-to-end execution of complex programs through the software development lifecycle.
- Proven success leading projects in a fast-paced, growing-organization environment.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and leadership.