Technical Program Manager, User Generated Content
6 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are hiring a Technical Program Manager to join our Engineering team. Our Technical Program Managers act as the central point of contact for Rec Room’s development, design, and art teams. In this role, you will join an inclusive and fun team that keeps our game delightful and interactive for our community.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will serve as a connector for our User Generated Content (UGC) team and drive communications throughout each project or ship cycle.
- Coordinate communication, goals, and deadlines across UGC along with the QA, Art and various teams as needed
- Partner closely with development managers to ensure team alignment across goals and project timelines
- Prioritize projects, milestones, objectives, goals, and operational tasks for yourself and the project teams you are working with.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of tools and processes available to successfully run a project
- Ensure the technical program goals, milestones and deliverables are achieved consistently on schedule
- Facilitate project kickoffs, communicate status updates, drive major decisions, identify and eliminate risks and blockers
- Build strong relationships with the cross-functional teams across Rec Room to ensure deliverables are met.
- Act as the central point of contact for everything related to technical projects and programs at Rec Room
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of Technical Program Management or Software Development experience
- 1+ year(s) experience with ADO, Confluence, git, or other program management tools
- Experience working on online services or gaming
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile Development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Experience in software development or engineering
- Experience shipping and/or certifying games into production
- Experience building a program from the ground up
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.