Technical Program Manager - Metaverse
11 days ago
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
Technical Program Managers are key partners to the organisation, teams and leaders; we have a deep understanding of the program’s landscape (product, business, market, technology, organisation, schedule and dependencies) and a strong delivery focus; we set realistic targets, persevere through setbacks, know when to make hard decisions and how to create agreement between stakeholders.
“Program Management helps organisations and self-organising teams achieve company goals with just enough process to be predictable, scalable and continuously improving”.
It’s our responsibility to empower teams to support the delivery of multiple projects, help teams anticipate and mitigate risks, and track and communicate timelines to the wider business and Executive leadership. In this role, you will report to the Head of Program Management and will be working closely with both the MSquared and the MVG leadership and development teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Set clear objectives for a project or a program to support business goals.
- Own and drive the delivery of that project or program against identified milestones.
- Organise the planning and structure of work so that the objectives of the program will be met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide visibility for the team and external stakeholders of the progress made on the project or the program and communicate risk when necessary. This includes the M² leadership team and M² board.
- Follow Agile or Waterfall methodologies, own the upkeep of the project management software (e.g. Jira project) and create related dashboards and reports.
- Review and deliver meaningful improvements in the tracking and reporting of the project or the program to ensure they deliver the intended outcomes.
- Contribute to our business review cadence by providing key data and KPIs.
- Share/work across the Metaverse group to align project management standards and best practices with Msquared’s.
- Take ownership of complex or challenging tasks and find a way to deliver on time and at high quality.
Why You're Made for This:
- Experience in project management; particularly in coordinating several cross-functional teams and with proven experience in achieving goals and hitting deadlines.
- Experience in one or more of: a Games Development Studio/Outsourcer; Software Development (SaaS/PaaS preferred) organisation; a service organisation with external/internal clients; or, a rapidly scaling start-up.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress and to manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Experience in Agile Practices and Methodologies in software development is a plus.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve development processes across disciplines.
- An eye for process improvement and experience defining, managing & optimising cross-functional processes.
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and changing business environment.
- A passion for the Games, Metaverse or Crypto industries is a plus.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa
' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.