This job might no longer be available.
Technical Program Manager - Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. You will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Technical Program Manager in the Scale organization, you will work cross-functionally to drive teams to deliver our next generation Roblox Cloud Infrastructure to increase Roblox footprint, to improve performance, and to enable rapid user growth. You will have the unique opportunity to be an early part of our team building out a global infrastructure. This is a full-time position based at our headquarter in San Mateo.
- An infrastructure program leader with strong engineering background and 5+ years experience in building large scale systems
- A domain expert with 5+ years of database scale, system engineer or technical program/product management experience
- Experienced with establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated critical thinking
- Experienced with delivering end to end technical programs
- Able to work effectively in a fast pace environment with competing resources and priorities
- Data driven strategic thinker who is capable of conveying ideas through detailed specs
- Knowledgeable about user needs, scoping, planning, execution and delivery
- A outstanding communicator both technical and program
- A problem solver who developed relationships with partner teams
- A self starter with high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Define large programs, collect user requirements and drive engineering teams to plan and ship large scale systems
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Manage cross-functional programs
- Prioritize projects based on impact to Roblox and users with data driven approaches
- Unblock teams and enable them to stay focused on top priorities
- Provide reliable project management during all project phases
- Manage dependencies between teams and components
- Own measurement of success of programs
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar