Technical Program/Project Manager, Industrial
14 days ago
Do you enjoy empowering teams of developers, designers, and technical artists to do their best in the midst of production constraints? Do you thrive at helping people prioritize and plan ahead, untangling multi-team dependencies, and supporting teams across the various development processes? Are you interested in helping developers and artists drive solutions and demos to a polished sheen and report back status? Do you take pride in your ability to drive alignment around results-oriented problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will help with the creation and evolution of the roadmap for a set of development teams working on multiple technologies key to the evolution of Unity. We collaborate with each team to define clear and realistic production plans, help evaluate resource needs, and balance schedules, team morale, and the overall vision. You will work with internal product management, user research teams and internal partners to build/maintain a backlog of near-term and long-term features that respond to community, technical, and other feedback.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate with development and marketing team(s) as well as product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of development and technical demo projects and products;
- Design, adapt, and implement lightweight process solutions that address issues/impediments without hampering progress or autonomy of the team members;
- Facilitate collaboration with cross-functional teams and program managers where more complex projects/initiatives require higher-level planning.
- Circulate regular status updates and reports to partners and upper management, providing a concise high-level view into teams’ progress against goals;
- Use fluency in common content and software production methodologies and deep empathy to improve team members’ ability to plan and deliver;
- Work closely with the team(s) to facilitate the identification of risks and mitigation approaches by the team.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software project management and/or game production and working cross-disciplinary teams;
- Collaboration and communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve challenges with members of varied fields in a clear and efficient manner;
- Analytical skills: experience working with project and user data sets and distilling action from them;
- Results-oriented, organized and methodical, comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience to work in a fast-paced environment with remote teams across multiple time zones.
You might also have
- Program management experience in games production, notably with online, AAA console projects;
- Experience with ATM/Film/AEC industries
- Agile and Waterfall methodology experience
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.