Technical Program Manager, Amazon Game Studios
2 months ago
We are looking for a talented and driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to maintain and uphold the core development technologies for our Amazon Games Studios Orange County titles.
You will partner primarily with engineers to build the technologies and cloud services that are foundational to the MMO game experiences built on top of them, such as Amazon Games' New World title.
You will own weekly planning and multi-month schedules and initiatives. You will look for opportunities for process and organizational improvement to increase efficiency and raise quality. You will utilize your communication skills to effectively collaborate and influence their peers and executives within our studio and organization.
Your work and leadership will result in the delight of our customers, both within our studio, the larger Amazon Games and AWS organization, and ultimately through our game releases to our gamers.
Your responsibilities will include:
· You will manage the development schedule and execution of a team of engineers creating game server infrastructure and game services.
· You will fulfill the role of project manager for your team using task management software and scheduling techniques that are a blend of agile development methods.
· You will partner with technical leads and people managers to maximize the productivity of their engineers.
· You will help inform and guide the development of external development partners towards making cool stuff.
· You will generate the necessary documentation, schedules, reports and stakeholder communications needed to make reasonable and firm development commitments for the team, whilst over-delivering on expectations wherever possible.
· You will identify potential roadblocks and dependencies early and obsess about clearing a path forward organizationally for your team to do their best work.
· You will be passionate about the games our technology is fueling, and participate in quality control over development, ensuring all issues are known and quickly resolved.
· While you will not be expected to be on-call, you will be expected to manage and update the on-call schedule of your team and be an active participant in defining and implementing escalation practices and runbooks.
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. Come work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, H1Z1, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and God of War.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of program management, project management, or games production experience
· 3+ years as a TPM or games producer, running live services and managing all aspects of customer lifecycle for a product at scale
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with engineers, non-engineers and quality/customer service team members.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
· PMP, PMI-ACP certification or Certified Scrum Master
· Experience in managing the development of large scale game worlds and/or game world content creation tools
· Technical Program Management background (CS degree or equivalent engineering/management experience)
· Live Operations experience
· Experience with data/analytics and using data to make decisions
· Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoy playing games
· Proven records of managing schedules and influencing others to achieve desired results
· Ability to call out critical decisions that can affect service scale
· Ability to work cross-functionally and influence decisions by using data across a variety of signals to build convincing arguments that address the needs of stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.