This job might no longer be available.
Technical Product Owner
16 days ago
Craft:Customer & Game Support
We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to manage our brand new Innovation & Development team helping us define and deliver great products and services.
As a member of the Quality Innovation and Development team, you will be responsible for building complex, high- scale, real- time systems, working closely with other parts of the business like Tech, Central QA and Player Support. You will have to work closely with a team of engineers and manage sprints and release plans, gather requirements and needs from stakeholders and communicate the value proposition these requirements bring to the product.
Being a Product Owner in the Innovation and Development team, you will play a key role in shaping the future usage of technologies for Quality and Customer Operation activities.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be part of the Innovation & Development team working together with a team of engineers to build solutions according to the product vision and company strategy. You will do it by having a close collaboration with stakeholders and tech leadership, maintaining focus on priorities and outbound communications.
You will be helping us in shaping the future of King Platform and our services, as well as helping us to continuously improve and excel.
• Close and frequent collaboration with stakeholders; you will find out what they are trying to achieve with a particular feature request and frame it as the problem to be solved.
• Work closely with the Project Management Office to create and maintain the team backlog according to the products vision and company strategy with focus on business value
• Help articulate the value and impact of projects and roadmaps
• Make sure the team is executing towards the most valuable problems worth solving and that they have all the information to build the most appropriate solution
• Plan, refine and prioritize the team backlog keeping it as short as possible, with each item clearly defined, prioritised and understood.
• Be the product superuser! Nobody should know more about how to drive the product than you and you are able to run a demo of any feature with almost no notice.
• Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
Skills to create thrills:
• You are a leader used to make decisions in a fast- pace environment and sometimes under uncertainty conditions
• Analytical mindset to permanently challenge the status quo and identify what makes sense and what not and why.
• Technical background is a must. You have a proven record of success in complex software projects.
• Passionate about people with an agile and lean mindset.
• Experience working with agile development teams and processes.
• Product management background with several years of experience as technical product owner or product manager
• A standout colleague who works effectively with people across different locations.
• Excellent communicator, listener and facilitator with superb spoken, written and presentation skills.
• Comfortable interacting with everyone from Developers and Data Scientists to Executives.
• Quality Assurance/Assistance background is a plus.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com