Technical Product Manager
4 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a results-oriented Technical Product Manager for our Platform Shared Services team who embodies the principles of continuous iteration and delivery. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication and you have a passion for the underlying services that make games and apps perform their best!
In this role, you will coordinate with leadership the best way to achieve the Platform roadmap. You will then be responsible for building and executing the roadmap accurately and on-time. As your team continues to deliver improvements using the CI/CD pipeline, you will communicate those achievements to the rest of the Platform organization and the original partners.
We are looking for individuals that are proficient in project management and documentation while performing outstanding relationship building with sister teams. We are also looking for an individual that can critically assess incoming work and have the agency to question the clarity of any requests.
What You'll Do:
- Balance multiple points of entry for Platform requests. Reduce engineer overhead by ensuring ingested work has complete requirements and established business value.
- Work with the team (engineers of all levels as well as product members) to estimate and scope projects to facilitate product roadmap discussions with business partners.
- Work with multiple departments to establish detailed and prioritized requirements and translate them into user stories.
- Work with Engineering Leads to order the engineering effort ensuring on-time delivery dates.
- Execute the process by which engineers complete their work by being responsible for the project management software (Jira) and that all engineering tasks are related and organized appropriately.
- Write documentation with engineers to communicate the result to the customer(s).
- Partner throughout the organization (and beyond) to hear their needs, advocate on behalf of your products, and earn a reputation for collaboration & results.
- Run all engineering meetings including stand-ups, sprint planning, etc, and write/edit/update project management tasks.
- Translate Engineering and Product requirements by communicating between technical and non-technical team members through multiple work ingestion points (email, Slack, Service Desk).
- Proactively gather additional context for work further down the backlog and grooming the backlog.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years working with many partners on shared technical services.
- Successfully shipped features to internal and external partners that require them for daily operations.
- Proven experience being the voice of an engineering team to discover additional requirements, fit in tech debt with feature work, and celebrate releases to the larger organization.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye toward understanding inter-dependencies.
- Strong ability to think through and communicate sophisticated concepts verbally and in writing and a proven track record in a team environment.
- Comfortable with removing uncertainty while navigating shifting requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.