Technical Product Manager
15 days ago
Job Title - Technical Product Manager
Reports Into - Head of Technical Product
Applications Closing Date - 11/12/2023
Location - Hybrid/ Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is a games publisher and developer based in Leamington Spa, UK, which boasts more than 1 billion installs on mobile platforms with games such as Teacher Simulator, Draw it, Bake It, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky! and Line Up: Draw the Criminal. The company also publishes a growing catalogue of PC and console titles including Eternal Hope, Tens, Scathe, and Wildmender along with the upcoming titles ROBOBEAT, Space Chef, The Precinct and The Spirit of the Samurai.
Founded by games industry icon and Codemasters co-founder David Darling CBE, who is joined by a fast-growing team of global gaming experts with studios in the UK, India, Portugal and China and remote team members all over the world, Kwalee is on the lookout for high-quality games to publish on all platforms and encourages developers to get in touch.
Outside of its games, Kwalee is also highly active in the industry, as an ambassador of not-for-profit organisation Women in Games and a regular supporter of the charity SpecialEffect.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- A dog friendly office (There’s dog-free areas too, if pooches aren’t your thing)
- Profit sharing scheme - we win, you win
- Private medical cover
- Life Assurance - for long term peace of mind
- On site gym - take care of yourself
- Relocation support - available
- VISA Sponsorship - available
- Quarterly Team Building days - we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Ninja Warrior
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Kwalee Artificial Intelligence (K.A.I) - win prizes for proposing useful AI initiatives
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Technical Product Manager you will be responsible for leading the success of our Marketing Platform, Kwalee’s suite of powerful tools designed to give our Growth team an advantage. From automated bidding, to robust campaign management, to optimised cross promotion and more, Kwalee’s Marketing Platform is crucial to the growth and monetisation of our free to play mobile games.
You will do this by collaborating closely with our marketing teams to understand their user stories and communicating these requirements with our cross-functional team of engineers, analysts and UX designers. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the product roadmap, ensuring the development of features are prioritised efficiently. You will use a data-driven approach to track the success of the product and use data insights to make continual improvements to the product life cycle.
You will become the expert in our Marketing Platform and will play a pivotal role in advancing the growth of our games to new heights!
Your Team Mates
The Technical Product team is central in driving the vision and strategy of Kwalee’s cutting-edge internal tools and technology products. We play an integral part of the wider Data and Engineering team, a cross functional team of analysts, engineers and data scientists, who work to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Developing the vision and strategy of our Marketing Platform.
- Owning the end-to-end product lifecycle, by creating and maintaining the product's roadmap.
- Proactively engaging with stakeholders to gather and incorporate user requirements and feedback into the product's development.
- Managing and prioritising the workload of the development team, consisting of technical producers, engineers, analysts and UX designers.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the product to ensure informed decisions are being made given the technical considerations.
- Communicating product updates and milestones to stakeholders and users of the Marketing Platform.
- Identifying and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics using data insights to monitor the product’s success and to guide data-driven decisions.
- Conducting market research and analysing competitive products to identify market trends and areas for improvement.
Your Hard Skills
- Proven track record of successfully leading the development and launch of technical or digital products.
- Strong communicator with cross-functional teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of Agile working including Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Knowledge of product management tools such as Jira and Figma.
- A track record of outstanding problem solving skills, understanding business challenges and translating them into actionable features.
- Experience in using Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards and/or data analysis reports to understand the product’s performance and take actionable decisions based on the insights.
- Knowledge of manipulating data in SQL databases and extracting insights would be a plus.
- Familiarity with marketing practices in the gaming industry would be a plus.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.