This job might no longer be available.
Technical Product Manager
13 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K Publishing Tech delivers innovative solutions to our studios and supports all of their technology needs to ensure they can focus on building incredible games. The Technical Program Manager will need to apply their experience and skillset across a variety of roles including project and program management, change management, process documentation and improvement, business requirements definition, tracking schedules, action items, forging strong relationships across the business and most importantly, is experienced with influencing and driving consensus with stakeholders and other team members. They need the interpersonal and organizational skills to navigate our complex and fast-paced environment and have an absolute passion for getting things done.
What You Will Do:
- Lead Technology engagement with selected 2K studios to Facilitate adoption of Technology shared services and platforms
- Advocate on behalf of studios for new features and capabilities
- Communicate updates related to requested features integration
- Liaise between multiple 2K departments including Studios, Analytics, Global Services, Commercial, and Marketing to ensure requirements are met holistically
- Establish, maintain, and drive delivery against multiple program and project schedules
- Tracking all project/program in your purview
- Partner with team to establish a development timeline
- Assist with forecasting and scoping tasks
- Delegate work to Scrum Masters, other Technical Program Managers, and Technical Project Coordinators as needed
- Partner with IT leads to identify, document, and communicate project / program scope, schedule, risks, and issues
- Establish and drive successful studio deployments by reviewing test plans and scheduling demos as necessary
- Proactively identify, track and drive resolution of blocking issues and non-engineering action items
- Establish, maintain and drive consumption of a high-level project status dashboards and reporting for each Studio assigned
- Establish and lead regular partner syncs
- Transition projects into run state and handoff to appropriate team
Who We Believe Will Be A Phenomenal Fit:
You are passionate about technology and you are excited about bringing cutting-edge capabilities to empower studios to make incredible game experiences for consumers. You understand what it means to bring organization in a fast-paced environment that is minimally disruptive. You are interested in exploring opportunities to apply technology to address opportunities in the area of video game backend services, digital sales, marketing, and distribution. You consider excellence in communication to be one of, if not your strongest asset across all mediums.
- Agile experience a plus
- Domain expertise a plus
- Software Development
- Video Game Production
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Google Suite
- BA/BS or 4 years of relevant experience in a technical role delivering solutions (e.g. PM, QA, SWE, etc.)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.