This job might no longer be available.
Technical Product Manager, Multiplayer Solutions
7 days ago
At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are reinventing the way multiplayer games are, built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online.
You will be joining the Product Management Team to help shape the direction and the future of multiplayer game hosting and scaling.
The day to day role will revolve around understanding the requirements that we have from; customers, industry trends and the wider business. These requirements will then need to be transformed into something our excellent development team can build.
Product Management is an integral part of the business, ensuring that the product is aligned to the business strategy and is delivering value to our customers.
It’s not all hard work though, we do sometimes enjoy a cheeky lunchtime gaming session alongside regular activities such as board game nights, escape rooms and charity events.
You will be required to have access to a vehicle as we are based in the New Forest, which although beautiful and picturesque, has limited public transport options.
- Capture and technically document user needs through interviews, surveys, and aggregating feedback from users
- Writing Epics,User Stories and Feature Descriptions for the development team
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define solutions to the problems users face, and validate these ideas throughout the development process
- Act as the key authority and point of contact for the product, the users problem space
- Coordinate departments to create and implement decisive roadmap and priorities from product inception through launch
- Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability are measured and adhered to throughout each phase of product development
- Measure success, collect, evaluate and report on data & feedback to make adjustments to development plans as needed to facilitate an outstanding product rollout
- Strong focus on user first, with demonstrated experience in simplifying complex technologies into simple workflows
- Ability to whiteboard scenarios, user journeys and solution spaces
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate and effectively discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Experience with hosting or cloud based products that operate globally, at scale
- Experience identifying various user problem gaps or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions with your teams
- Strong capability to drive influence, alignment and adoption amought cross-functional teams for new solutions from start to finish
- Games industry experience, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers face
- Passion for gaming
- Awareness of game industry trends, specifically around multiplayer gaming
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.