1 month ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
As a Technical Producer at Super Evil, you will lead a diverse group of engineers working on tools, backend platform systems, and our proprietary game engine. Under the supervision of our Production Director, and with close collaboration with the CTO, the Tech Producer will play a crucial role in shaping and overseeing the technology development of our custom engine and play a key part in the successful delivery of our current game productions. You will excel at defining priorities for your team, balancing the longer-term objectives with the dynamic needs of the game development team, incorporating input from various stakeholders, while leveraging project management skills to ensure projections feasibility.
What you'll do:
- Act as servant leader for a team of engineers and technical experts, ensure priorities are clearly defined and understood and be a point person for the game development teams. Track the team work, providing clear visibility to the other game development teams about progress
- Develop and maintain project timelines and deliverable schedules to ensure the successful delivery of tools and technology solutions. Align technical efforts with the broader strategic goals of the organization in collaboration with the CTO, Technical Platform Director, Technical Art Director, and project level Tech Directors.
- Conduct regular team meetings and performance evaluations, setting clear expectations and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Drive continuous improvement of the team day-to-day structure, holding developers accountable for results, while providing flexibility in how they work day to day and maximizing their strengths and respective interests.
- Facilitate cross project collaboration to ensure a diverse array of perspectives are considered during evaluation of the technologies and tools needed. Partner with game leadership and dev teams to translate their needs into clear deliverables.
- Proactively identify risks and dependencies, then work to mitigate or prevent them
- Ensure technical documentation is appropriately kept up to date
- 4+ years of experience as a leader either of a group involved in a technical part of game production or as the leader of a team providing centralized technical services
- At least 2+ years working on an AAA title in a production role
- Familiarity with console and mobile certification processes
- Strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills, with a focus on providing visibility on upcoming work, addressing current challenges, and delivering clear short, mid, and long-term planning.
- Excellent ability in prioritization, planning frameworks, and tools to communicate at scale
- Experience with Agile framework and rituals
- Strong knowledge of modern game trends in technologies
- Prior education and/or experience in another area of game development
Bonus points for:
- Experience working on a variety of different platforms (console, PC, and mobile)
- Direct experience supporting titles through console and PC certification processes (E.G. Switch, Xbox, Playstation, & Steam)
- Programming language experience, specifically C++, python, or GoLang
- Experience working as a centralized team
- Experience working with distributed remote teams
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $55,000 - 125,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.