Technical Producer, External Development (XDEV)
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Producer, External Development
We are looking for a talented and collaborative-minded Technical Producer to join our team in Liverpool. You have a technical background and are keen to learn about PlayStation’s hardware and software technologies.
You will work alongside our internal and external development partners and support them as they utilise PlayStation platform technologies in the development of AAA games. You have excellent communication skills, a deep understanding of the technologies that enable game development and a desire to solve the technical challenges that game development presents.
Reporting to an XDEV Director, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Technical Producer to join the PlayStation Studios family and support the development of multiple PlayStation titles.
- Facilitate the integration of partners into PlayStation’s PC and console game development ecosystem
- Resolve technical challenges for XDEV and its development partners
- Support development partners in their evaluation of tools, technologies and middleware
- Collaborate with stakeholders to help identify development workflow optimisations
- Contribute to the technical development of global platform initiatives
- Develop a deep technical understanding of new and existing PlayStation platforms, tools and technologies
- Evangelise XDEV awareness and best practices with global development teams and cross-regional partners
- Experience of working with IT systems, infrastructure and computing hardware
- Experience of operating systems, modern networking, internet and cloud platforms
- Experience of programming and/or scripting in PC and console game development
- Experience of data security and privacy best practices in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine preferred
- An open communicator, you are respectful of others and an active listener who can tailor their message for both technical and non-technical audiences
- An innovator who is creative and curious. You have a thirst to understand and know more, and a desire to encourage this amongst those around you
- A collaborator who shares plans, you welcome the perspective of others
- Inclusive and self-aware, you are sensitive to how your actions can impact the team
- You are pro-active, can multi-task and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of game development tools and processes including agile production and JIRA
- A passion for video games and associated technologies
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.