Technical Producer, Amazon Games
18 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for a Technical Publishing Producer to liaise with our development partner in Japan. In this role, you will work closely with our senior producer, franchise lead and stateside TPM's to establish, execute, and review production/communication practices between the publishing and overseas development teams supporting a massively multiplayer online game. You will be responsible for supporting the development team during Japan core business hours providing answers to technical questions regarding integrations of Amazon Games systems and driving through technical approvals like security reviews. This role is responsible for coordinating with US-based teams to ensure alignment on expected work and goals. Developers and publishers, as well as senior leadership will rely on you to assist with integrating Amazon requested features, general technical requirements and issues, and business decisions. The Steam client and SDK are written in C++, so this person should have working knowledge of that language. The ideal candidate will have great communication and prioritization skills with a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
Key job responsibilities
• Identify and provide product level decisions and support for multiple teams including infrastructure, business intelligence, technical operations, Amazon internal services/engineering, player experience (customer support and tools), and external support teams.
• Maintain daily and weekly communications between external and internal stakeholders and track tasks such as managing and tracking live operations across QA, PTR, and live environments.
• Be one of the first line of on-call supports to coordinate solutions for internal and external services.
• Review available data and feedback to improve product performance and revise tactics.
• Report and communicate weekly KPI results, progress toward long term goals, near term tactics and long-term strategy for ensuring targets are hit across the org.
• Proactively mitigate risks and help reduce a product’s exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective cross-team collaboration, insufficient testing, scalability of services).
• Lead the building, testing, configuring, creating, and preparing product for release on planned platforms
• Work with different internal groups and partners to create new platform features, tools and initiatives, all while building at an Amazon scale.
• Translate customer requirements into specific tasks and assigning those tasks to relevant functional areas.
• Partner with tech leads to identify, document, and communicate project / program scope, schedule, risks, and issues.
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of technical/application project management experience driving software development, testing, deployment, and support teams
• Technical leadership role launching 2+ AAA titles
• Japanese at native-level fluency, English at business-level fluency
• MBA preferred
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
• 5+ years of technical experience with Steamworks/Epic Store integrations
• 2+ years as a publishing producer running live game services and managing all aspects of player lifecycle for a game at scale
• 2+ years of experience with AAA game's live service
• 2+ years of product management experience
• Livestream experience
• Experience working with second-party and third-party partners
• Experience with data analytics and using data to make decisions
• Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing games
• Familiarity with Twitch
• Proven record of managing schedules and influencing others to achieve desired results
• Ability to call out critical decisions that can affect a massive scale audience
• Ability to work cross-functionally and influence decisions by using data across a variety of signals to build convincing arguments that address the needs of stakeholders
• Passion for running live game services
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview