9 days ago
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Entry-Level Technical Operator will be responsible for organizing, managing, and encoding all media that enters the office, in addition to creative/technical support and delivering final masters.
- Data ingestion via mediums such as hard drives, links, and servers.
- Transcoding of dailies/shoot footage.
- Transferring data between global Mill offices using proprietary tools.
- Creating files and/or links for client review.
- Preparing artwork, audio, and various files for artists.
- Performing quality control & encoding of final masters for delivery (i.e. Youtube, Hulu, Extreme Reach).
- Working closely with coordinating staff and supervisors to meet all deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must work well independently as well as with others in a team setting.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work shifted hours, sometimes long, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Resolve.
- Encoding experience and familiarity with video codecs (i.e. H.264, Pro Res, HEVC).
- Past exposure to different transfer protocols and servers (i.e. FTP, Aspera, SANs).
- Knowledge of HD/SD file formats & social media platforms.
- Strong proficiency in Mac operating systems (PC is a plus).
- Familiarity with Linux-based command line operations is a plus.
- 6 months to 1 year of experience at a post-production, or related, facility in a technical capacity.
The pay range for this full-time staff position is: $21/hour - $23/hour, which is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Interested in working with our team at The Mill? We love connecting with passionate talent, so even if you feel you may not meet the given requirements or your salary expectation is outside the provided pay range, please apply as we may be able to find an opportunity on our team that aligns with your background and career goals
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.