Technical Operations Manager
Wizards of the Coast
Austin, Texas, United States
14 days ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a TechOps Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for building and leading our technical operations team and specifying, implementing, deploying, and maintaining the technology solutions required for studio operations and product development. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in both traditional desktop IT, networking, server management, configuration management, cloud operations, data analytics, and security and be familiar with the technology requirements of game studios. This role works with the Director of Technical Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Build and mentor a cross-disciplinary team with a DevOps mentality that embraces partner feedback, teamwork, and continuous improvement
- Create processes and automation to provide efficient support to the development team
- Build and support all desktop, server, network, and cloud infrastructure for the studio
- Identify technology requirements for the engineering, art, design, audio, QA, build, and operations teams and identify and deploy new on premises, cloud, or SaaS solutions to meet those needs
- Coordinate studio technology initiatives with Wizards of the Coast technical teams
- Implement a comprehensive security plan that encompasses on premises systems, cloud infrastructure, and SaaS vendors
- Deliver solutions that enable collaborative development for remote work for studio staff as well as freelancers and outsourcing partners
- Manage technology budgets and vendors
- Provide visibility into the usage, performance, and security of the studio’s technology infrastructure to studio leadership
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ yrs experience running technology systems for a digital game studio
- Developing in PowerShell, VBScript, Python, Perl, Go, or other scripting languages
- Linux and Windows system administration
- Systems and information security concepts and standards
- Desktop: Desktops, laptops, game development kits, etc.
- Systems and storage: Windows Server, Linux, VMWare, RAID, Dell HCI, etc.
- Communications and collaboration: Cisco VPN, Zoom, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Configuration management infrastructure: QuickBuild, Perforce, Git, Terraform, Chef/Salt/Ansible, AWS CodeCommit/CodePipeline, etc.
- LAN and WAN infrastructure: Cisco, AWS DirectConnect, Silver Peak, etc.
- AWS compute and storage: S3, EC2/EBS, ECS/EKS, etc.
- Identity and security management: Cisco ASA, Active Directory, LDAP, Okta, AWS AIM, AWS Route53, etc.
- Monitoring and Analytics: SumoLogic, NewRelic, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .