16 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Technical Manager to join our Star Trek Fleet Command team in Shanghai.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed 4X MMO was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You Will Do
In collaboration with a Chinese publisher, we are developing a localised version of Star Trek Fleet Command, and we are currently seeking a skilled Technical Manager for that project to lead and manage multiple engineering teams in China. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery and further operation of that game, as well as overseeing the performance and development of team members.
- Build, lead and manage multiple technical teams in China
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules and roadmaps with the game leadership
- Oversee technical architecture of the project
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure project success
- Ensure compliance with company and industry standards, policies, and procedures
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues
- Manage and support the publisher relationship
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in technology
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical management of game development teams
- Understands the engineering culture and differences of both western and eastern game teams very well and manages key conversations and decisions communication in between
- Strong understanding of technical project management methodologies and tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Strong experience with Unity and/or Python and/or live service devops
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.