This job might no longer be available.
Ho Chi Minh City vn
4 months ago
The Global Web Marketing team has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to lead our dedicated team of web developers & quality assessment engineers.
Based in Vietnam, this web development guru will not only be in charge of leading a robust team of front-end developers, back-end developers & quality assessment engineers; but will also be the key contact & interface on all technical/infrastructure topics, ensuring that the team operates in compliance with the company’s development processes & guidelines.
At the forefront of development trends & best-practices, the Technical Manager will also be a proactive source of suggestions which will help the team improve current products & introduce new upgrades.
The Technical Manager serves as a technical expert in the team to make sure Gameloft’s players around the world have easy access and top notch experience on our all Gameloft web and mobile services (consumer and corporate sites, customer care, forum, social networks, newsletters, blogs etc.)
He / She will provide his / her technical expertise in relation with our internal clients and other marketing and production teams, and bring top quality standards to our web products.
The ultimate goal of this critical role is to create value for the Gameloft brand by developing products which help achieve our business goals.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be tasked with:
- Main interface of the team on technical topics, actively handles technical communication, planning, monitoring, reporting and other engagements with other technical teams (network support, security, other marketing and production teams) and with internal clients (in collaboration with Project Managers)
- Provides technical direction for the development, back-office, design and systems integration from definition phase through implementation; suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more effectively
- Search for constant optimization of our services and easy access of our users throughout the world : Tracks and identifies new opportunities for improving the methodology in order to reach an outstanding level of standard for web marketing products
- Owns the TECHNICAL development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Produces schedules, costing, scoping documents and technical specifications, and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Keeps Project Managers well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development team and PMs
- Manages the developers of the team and provides technical leadership to the development team for code and process improvements; reviews their work and ensures their adaptation of the new set standards on production
- Oversees the R&D activity
- Local Reporting to : Web Marketing Team Manager, and to HQ Manager
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills: able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks; able to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly;
- Willingness to jump in when needed and go find answers = solution driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resolves and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion = results driven
- Even-tempered and cool under pressure
- Understands how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully
- Is able to communicate the other technical teams within Gameloft (network etc.…) to get their immediate attention and support in solving technical problems
- Communicates effectively with the clients, in cooperation with the Project Manager, in order to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
Qualifications and Experiences:
- 5+ years of combined experience in IT, software and web development or computer networking
- 4+ years solid technical knowledge in website optimization (DB, source code) and web security
- Solid knowledge and/or hands-on production experience in LAMP stack (excellent MySQL), version control system (SVN, Git), ticketing system (Cerberus, Jira), mailing solutions, open source forums, open source content management system and blog systems
- 3+ years of experience managing multi-team projects and driving on-time execution
- Solid knowledge of media servers, file systems, file transfer technology
- Know how to write technical specification, technical architecture document
- Experience with distributed systems : CDN, application cache, proxy cache
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
- Teamwork with international talents
- Recognition and rewards
- Creative and modern workplace
- Continuous and professional training
- Work hard, play hard
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.