Technical Localization Project Manager
13 days ago
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a new Technical Localization Project Manager to manage the end-to-end localization pipeline on a variety of epic projects! The Technical Localization Project Manager will plan and execute game localization of varying sizes and scopes. He/She will be required to ensure the success of localization / internationalization of our games onto various platforms with multiple release regions and timelines. Management of budgets, coordination with external / internal resources, schedule creation, communication, and handoff to our production and QA teams will be some of the duties required for this position. The Technical Localization Project Manager will also be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining tools specific for the localization team needs. A track record of process improvements and excellent communication skills to shape the strategy of our localized products will be a necessary foundation of success for the Technical Localization Project Manager.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage localization budgets in collaboration with our production and QA teams
- Create and manage project schedules while maintaining commitments with internal and external customers for development, QA, and submission deadlines
- Ensure project requirements are created and gathered
- Proactively monitor localization quality and customer satisfaction for our titles and identify solutions or process improvements
- Define resource and budget requirements with proper cost vs. value analysis for our products released on the market
- Coordinate with internal and external vendors for localization and linguistic testing
- Provide direction and feedback to external partners for long term project goals
- Always work to improve inefficient processes – tools, workflow, automation, etc.
- Identify new vendor partnerships and maintain existing partnerships with diligence
- Initiate new contracts as needed
- Mediate and resolve localization issues in conjunction with our production teams
- Provide licensor approvals as needed for projects
- Assist in Marketing event requirements
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILTIES
- Plan, design, develop, and support existing frameworks to improve the localization process
- Analyze, plan and develop technical solutions to facilitate the automation of localization pipelines
- Analyze project KPI data and provide or implement technical solutions for optimizing localization pipeline
- Work with the global localization team to identify requirements and pain points
- Provide technical assistance to the greater localization teams
- Support and manage existing tools and code base
- Passion for video games and entertainment media
- 3 to 5 years managing projects in a localization capacity in the video game industry
- 2+ years in software development web, desktop application, or similar tool development
- Expert knowledge in localization and culturalization
- Familiarity with mobile and console distribution requirements in North and South America
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with tools of the trade, XLOC, XTM, MemoQ, Office, MS Project, JIRA, Confluence or similar
- Experience with SQL, Django, Buildbot, Python, C#, Linux & Windows
- Native Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Latin American Spanish speaking a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred experience working on a console or PC development pipeline
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.