This job might no longer be available.
Technical Lighting Artist
9 months ago
Job Title:Technical Lighting Artist
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to play a critical role in developing responsive lighting tools and user-friendly workflow solutions for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient, ‘fire-and-forget’ teammate who takes ownership of critical lighting tech tasks, acts as a bridge between the lighting and engineering teams, and proactively and independently solve challenges. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and excellent and persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion for technical graphics knowledge and your drive to improve and expand upon lighting tools.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
- Collaborate with Lighters and Engineers to deliver innovative tool solutions that will help lighters develop epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
- Spearhead lighting tech development for specific projects, and initiatives to standardize solutions across the organization.
- Champion best practices and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Encourage lighters and engineers to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 6+ total years in the games industry working in a lighting capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Proven experience in CGI lighting techniques, color theory, and post-process effects for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Good communication and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Good understanding of game lighting with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
- Demonstrates an understanding HDR and SDR pipelines.
- Experience with Qt for Python.
- Strong understanding of photography principles.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.