This job might no longer be available.
Technical Level Designer
13 days ago
Being part of Ubisoft Chengdu Studio, you will join the production team of AAA Open World game. Under direct management of the Lead Game Designer, you will support the technical direction on design decisions. You will be involved in determining project needs, implementing efficient work tools and methods and answering the first-line technical questions of level designers and game designers.
- Define the design team’s technical needs by consulting project documents and communicating with those involved in the development of creative vision in collaboration with programmers and tech artists.
- Help develop/improve the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with designers and programmers to enhance and facilitate the work of the design team by testing features and tools before they are deployed on the project and ensuring their proper functioning throughout the process
- Suggest best practices to designers to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of data by drafting and updating pipeline documents on a regular basis, organizing trainings and regularly reminding team members of the technical constraints
- Ensure the technical validation of the data produced by the design team, resolve first-line technical issues to support the team by working in close collaboration with programmers and other technical level designers.
- Participate in optimizing and debugging tech issues related to level design.
· Team player
· Relevant experience in Level Design, Game Design, Programming, Game Development or other related fields
· Excellent technical knowledge of editors and good understanding of visual scripting (e.g. Blueprint) or language scripting
· Good understanding of the video game development process
· Resourcefulness in problem-solving
· Ability to create and maintain technical documents
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Basic English skills and willing to work in an English-speaking company
· Rigorous and curios
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘).
同时，育碧成都工作室也是研发前沿性技术的领军者，其“Games As A Service (GAAS)” 的理念带领企业不断推陈出新。成都工作室的技术团队开发的产品被运用于育碧旗下众多知名游戏品牌，有效协助研发团队基于科学数据做出准确决策。