Technical Lead (iOS/Android), Battle.net Mobile Applications
14 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Technical Lead (iOS/Android), Battle.net Mobile Applications
Are you passionate about mobile development? Would connecting millions of the world’s most passionate gamers together and to Blizzard fill you with pride? Would you like to provide content, news, support features, and the social gateway to a vibrant and thriving online gaming community?
If your brain is screaming “yes!!” to these questions, then the Batttle.net and Online Products Applications group is calling for you to join our Mobile Applications team.
We are looking for a seasoned software engineering technical lead with deep experience in mobile development to join our Mobile Applications team. The Mobile Apps team develops mobile applications for both iOS and Android, providing Blizzard quality experiences and engagement opportunities when outside of our epic games, connecting players to the World of Blizzard and one another.
The ideal candidate is a strong experienced leader of both people and technology. This role requires an excellent engineer who can effectively collaborate with designers, program managers and other engineering leaders across the company to build multi-platform applications worthy of the Blizzard title. The ability to lead a team, mentor engineers, and set and drive technical vision are all critical components for the Technical Lead. Our mobile applications utilize Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, and Java. If the idea of reaching millions of players across the globe appeals to your inner geek, then our team may just be the home for you.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our web content or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Passion for creating amazing mobile experiences
- Successful track record leading development teams
- Mastery of iOS (Swift or Obj-C) or Android (Kotlin or Java) development with a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience
- Experience with iOS or Android SDKs and UI frameworks, including building custom UI components
- Familiarity with modern iOS or Android architecture patterns ( ReactiveX, MVVM, MVP, MVVC, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as HTTP or XMPP
- Experience shipping and maintaining mobile applications that support a global user base
- Cross-platform development experience with both iOS and Android
- Experience setting up and maintaining build systems for mobile applications
- Client / Server architecture experience
- Agile development experience
- Passion for video games