18 days ago
We're looking for a passionate Tech Lead to join Wildlife's team in Shanghai who will lead the local engineering team and mobile game development. By working together with the Product Manager, you'll be in charge of China's roadmap, prioritizing technical tasks, implementing and guiding the required changes to improve the games' technical and market performance.
Reporting to the General Manager in Shanghai and working closely with the engineering global teams, you'll be the tech Hub in China, responsible for any technical questions while evangelizing Wildlife and Publishers teams and ensuring that the takeaways are integrated with the Studio's best practices. You'll assist the engineering teams in defining a long term technical vision for our games in China, with an inspirational definition of where you want it to be in the future and how to get there.
What you'll do
- Coordinate with publishers and global teams to deploy the Chinese versions of the game clients and servers, integrate SDKs & publishing platforms, monitor metrics and user feedback after the release.
- Build, maintain and align a long-term China technical and feature roadmap for Wildlife's games with other tech departments and partners.
- Share industry practices regarding China-specific technology, guide tech requirements and constraints and ensure its usage is aligned with Studio technical goals.
- Find opportunities for improvement in the game's processes and technology. You start and lead initiatives to address them, sharing the progress and the results with the engineering leadership team.
- Lead development and estimate engineering-related tasks, making assumptions about dependencies and risks clear.
- Travel, as necessary, to Brazil or other international locations to meet internal partners.
What you'll need
- 5 years+ of industry technical experience and have worked on at least 2 mobile games in China.
- Experience with Unity projects and understanding of global server connectivity issues with China.
- In-depth knowledge of technology and practices used in China's mobile games industry to navigate front-end and backend development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin.
- Previous start-up experience and working across time zones and cultures is a plus
More about you
- Excited about joining the founding China team of the one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world that will provide you meaningful work, meaningful relationships, continuous meaningful learning, and a team radically committed to producing great products.
- Passionate about technology. Learning new tools, frameworks, libraries, and ways to do things is fun for you. You're motivated by pursuing difficult technical challenges.
- You're a self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with.
- Self-motivated. You have a go-getter attitude, integrity, and excellent follow-through on tasks.
- You're player focused. You have empathy towards our players and focus on ensuring that they have a fantastic experience.
- You're flexible, bold, and excited to help build something outstanding and share it with the millions of users in China.
- You're a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. We create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Today, we have offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, United States and we are now establishing our presence in China! Wildlife Shanghai is one of the most promising initiatives in Wildlife and a unique opportunity to join at the entrepreneurial early stage to help shape our path in China and across the broader Asia region. Our mission is to have our games successful in Asia by bringing to bear local publishing and culturalization expertise.
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.