20 days ago
The SuperAwesome Mission
SuperAwesome is building a safer internet for the next generation. We’ve pioneered the tech sector for youth audiences: creating solutions that enable brands and developers to engage safely and at scale with kids and teens. SuperAwesome technology powers over 12 billion digital touchpoints with young audiences across rich media and video ads, creator content, social communities, gaming, and parental consent. We are the biggest youth-focused tech team on the planet, solving the challenges of engagement with the under-20 audience. At the intersection of technology, law, media and policy, working with us gives you a chance to shape what the internet of the future looks like. As a part of Epic Games since September 2021, together we’ve opened up a whole new window of opportunity to create responsible, immersive digital experiences for kids and teens. It’s a unique, challenging, and rewarding environment.
What You'll Do
As a Tech Lead at SuperAwesome your main responsibilities will be three-fold: you’ll be ultimately responsible for the system underpinning your product, you’ll act as a hands-on mentor who can lead teammates by example, and you’ll ensure the technical direction for your team is sound, clear and aligned to the product needs as well as to the overall technology strategy.
In this role, you will
- You’ll work across the full stack depending on where your skills can drive the highest impact: back-end, front-end and infrastructure, working with your team to design and implement features and services for the product your team owns.
- You’ll be a hands-on mentor for the team and drive quality and reliability from the get go, making sure the growth in system complexity and cost is managed over time
- You will be the master of your team’s product domains, working with your team’s Product and Engineering Manager to build and iterate on the product roadmap
- You’ll interview candidates across all stages of our interview process to help shape the future of our engineering teams
- You’ll champion the devops culture, treat operations with a mission critical mindset, and support the live system in production, including participation in our out-of-hours on-call rota
Our stack is entirely cloud native, and includes technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, SumoLogic, Datadog, Angular/React, Node.js and Typescript.
What we’re looking for
We wholeheartedly believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time and you’ll be given training and help during your onboarding to become fully proficient with our stack. We look for engineers who;
- Are passionate about building technology at scale that is capable of making the world a better place, and want to do it at SuperAwesome.
- Have a product mindset and a keen focus on solving the challenges we face as a business
- Are natural leaders and very experienced engineers. You have your opinions on how software should be built and operated by a team at scale, and you have plenty of stories to tell us about this
- Are great listeners and facilitators who can create consensus across the team and incorporate their teams input in the overall direction of the product and system
- Have a deep understanding of full-stack software development life-cycle, devops methodologies, testing, and tooling at scale
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our people are at the heart of what we do and the driving force behind our growth and success. We value individuality and understand the importance of building a workplace where everyone can truly belong. We believe that supporting everyone to be their full selves helps them to reach their potential, that’s why we offer competitive benefits, perks and learning opportunities. We have employee resource groups in place for mental health and DEI helping to ensure everyone can truly be ‘SuperAwesome’, helping us to build a safer internet for the next generation!
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party.