Technical Lead - Studio Core
22 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Technical Lead, you will be a major key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio. Roblox Studio is a World-class IDE that facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository. You will be responsible for leading a small team to deliver complex features to help Roblox Studio continue to break new grounds for the gaming and development industry.
- Experienced, 6+ years in developing and deploying complex software with intuitive user experience and a solid backend behind it, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Interested in growing technical and people leadership skills by leading concrete projects that you directly (hands on) contribute to as well
- Proven track record of project management, technical leadership and consistent feature delivery. Experience leading a small team is a plus
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Proficient with industries, best practices and design patterns for global applications
- Passionate about leading by example and growing your management capabilities
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Own, plan and deliver a complex technical feature that will allow developers to grow in our community
- Establish the foundational architecture and technical direction that will enable Studio to keep expanding its capabilities
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms to deliver high quality and amazing user functionality
- Lead by example and mentor junior engineers to implement technological best practices, patterns, and strategies
- Improve the product quality by fostering automation testing
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.