Technical Lead, Principal I
11 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Technical Lead, Principal I
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Lead to join our Battle.net Platform Security group.
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes protecting the world's premier online gaming destination? Platform Security builds critical 24/7 internet-scale services that protect our Players, our Platform and Blizzard from bad actors, toxic content and much more. We build and operate a best-in-class payment and account security platform, processing billions of dollars and trillions of player interactions annually. As lead of our Risk and Community Health teams you'd have a critical role in shaping our technical and team destiny!
- Lead and manage a talented team of engineers in building a variety of scalable Platform Security services
- Work with Program Management to define and deliver on our roadmaps, balancing customer and business needs with technical complexity
- Operate and optimize our live systems, ensuing high availability, operability and agility
- Manage and improve the processes and tools by which Platform Security builds, validates, and deploys services to development and production environments
- Manage, support, and guide the careers of a diverse group of passionate engineers
- Coordinate with internal and external development teams, create relationships and lead on shared technical initiatives
- Close partner with director level leadership and above to define and execute on department goals
- 10+ years of of relevant work experience, including managing engineers
- Advanced understanding of Java and related open-source technology landscape
- Extensive experience with full-stack API and web application development
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores and high scale asynchronous architectures
- Track record of creating reliable, high scale distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Strong data-structure, logic, and technical design skills
- Knowledge of infrastructure and server security best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in commerce or account anti-fraud or related security knowledge
- AWS/GCP or other public cloud experience
- Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure
- A passion for video games and technology
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!