Technical Lead, Principal I
6 days ago
Job Title:Technical Lead, Principal I
If you are passionate about leading a dynamic and collaborative engineering team which builds outstanding software and services, then Battle.net has a great opportunity for you.
The Business Solutions team within Battle.net develops services that deliver offerings to our fans and provides new ways to play our games and engage with our products. This includes our Viewership Incentives integrations with Twitch and YouTube, our secure keys systems which allow gifts and giveaways and in-store purchases, our IGR (Internet Game Room) sites, which are particularly popular in Korea, and various other features involving promotions and value-granting partnerships. All these services provide ways to bring more goodies into the hands of our players.
As the Technical Lead for the team, you will be responsible for crafting the technical vision for your products. You will lead a team of dedicated engineers, developing scalable and highly performant applications and services. Your focus will be on both server-side and web front-end engineering and architecture, while collaborating with multiple consumers to deliver a convenient and delightful user experience
We primarily use Java and Tomcat, with a microservices architectural approach, and SQL and NoSQL data stores, to deliver the data to power these services. Our services are hosted on the public cloud, taking advantage of some of the latest engineering techniques and architectural approaches.
- Manage, coach, and strengthen a team of dedicated software engineers
- Partner closely with a Lead Product Manager to develop player benefiting services.
- Guide the team towards doing the right projects, based on scope, complexity, and effort, as compared to estimated value
- Provide guidance to achieve high quality and secure code and architecture
- Partner with third-party services to develop cross-company integrations
- Contribute to the excellence of the larger group, with input on operations, technologies, and architecture, across the broader team
- Help ensure the team development process runs smoothly and iterate and change as needed
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional software engineering experience, including experience with Java
- A passion and desire to manage and support high-performance teams and people.
- Strong architectural knowledge of distributed, fault tolerant, and scalable systems and services
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of high quality, safe, and easy to use APIs
- Previous experience with web technologies
- Comfortable with public cloud concepts and technologies
- Proficient with data storage technologies, including solid experience with RDBMSs and NoSQL solutions
- Ability to build effective vertical and horizontal relationships, to foster world-class collaboration and teamwork
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience