This job might no longer be available.
Technical Lead (PHP)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Technical lead (Back end) to join our IT Department for designing and developing web applications. As part of the IT Enterprise Business Solutions team located in Montreal, you will design and build e-commerce projects reaching millions of players across the globe.
If you want to have a positive impact on millions of users, you have a passion to build and optimize backend services to achieve a rich and fluid interaction and you are interested in joining a dynamic and creative company we have the right job for you. Your main challenge will be to develop new features, interacting with several departments and suppliers across our locations, with the help of the experienced development team you will lead.
The technical lead will be the resource for technological issues in their field. The incumbent is a technical expert who will assess issues in their field of expertise and be accountable for the technological choices, technical architecture and performances of the systems in which they specializes. The incumbent will continue to produce code and define best practices in they field of expertise.
The main and routine tasks of the technical lead are to:
- Oversee technical mandates from the IT Manager or Software Architect;
- Be a reference for all technical topics in their field of expertise;
- Work as a senior programmer and help program high-risk elements in their field of expertise;
- Be proactive in suggesting enhancements and technological choices in their field of expertise;
- Assess performances on a regular basis and optimize systems in their field of expertise whenever necessary;
- Offer and analyze activity reporting (activity monitoring, quality indicators)
- Resolve the most complex technical issues in their field of expertise;
- Provide technical and functional guiding to team members
- Advise the Team Lead, Software Architect, IT Production Manager by suggesting corrective measures to meet project objectives whenever necessary;
- Coordinate the development activities within his scope: technical design, software development activities, unit testing, technical documentation, release processes, monitoring & performance management
- Work directly with support team on support procedures
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing in PHP (recent PHP7 and Symfony experience required) within professional IT environment
- Knowledge on PHP frameworks ( preferably Symphony)
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- Developing object-oriented PHP applications and with MVC frameworks (Symphony)
- Unit/functional testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Behat)
- Extensive knowledge on developing and consuming web services
- Good command of database technologies such as MySQL
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Agile development an asset
- Experience in working Continuous Integration / Deployment platform
- Any other language / technology relevant for e-commerce
- Proficient in English and French
- Microservices (is a plus)
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of team with excellent communication& interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and smoothly transition between tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to adapt to situation, take on development or project management tasks when needed
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in English and French, written and spoken
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- Note that the location of the office is : 405 avenue Ogilvy, near Parc metro station (blue line).
- On a certain timeline, on-call may happen
- Travel (around 3 time per year)