Technical Lead (Harbour)
5 months ago
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Technical Lead, you’ll ensure the scalability, stability, and continuous performance of Harbour’s dedicated game server solution.
An expert back-end developer, you’ll be the technical reference for a group of programmers. You’ll guide them in operating and maintaining game server orchestration systems, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints along the way.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers refine their skills, you’ll coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best to drive the future of game server management at Ubisoft.
What you’ll do
- Help define a technical vision + plan long-term roadmaps.
- Regularly meet with your programming team to tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + equip them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Write elegant code + provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making validations.
- Design and support mission-critical architectures.
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Sync up with project managers to discuss progress, remove blockers, etc.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to proactively identify future needs and define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- A solid understanding of cloud computing and current technologies + experience with different cloud providers and platforms
- GoLang expertise
- Knowledge of containerization and REST API design and best practices
- Extensive Kubernetes experience (deploying on, operating, and extending Kubernetes)
- Experience with NoSQL, and source control software (like Git)
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills + a highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Agones
- Experience with MongoDB
- Familiarity with the game server development process
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.