This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
7 months ago
We are seeking for a DevOps Technical Lead to join our IT Department. As part of the IT Enterprise Business Solutions team located in Montreal, you will make sure that our E-Commerce projects reach swiftly millions of players across the globe. Your main challenge will be to improve the existing delivery processes and tools, allowing them to support our multi-channel strategy and future growth.
You will be the resource for technological issues in your field. As a technical specialist, you will will assess issues in your field of expertise and be accountable for the technological choices and performances of the systems in which you specializes. You will have to continue to be hands on and define best practices in his/her field of expertise.
The main tasks of the technical lead are to:
- Oversee technical mandates from the IT Manager or Software Architect;
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure technical and team leads, architects and project managers to make sure that the Release Management process responds to the needs, adheres to the best delivery practices, is well understood and has clear roles and responsibilities;
- Be a reference for all technical topics in their field of expertise;
- Be proactive in suggesting enhancements and technological choices in their field of expertise;
- Act as the main driver for the DevOps roadmap, including identifying the technical and business activities needed to support the transition of applications and infrastructure services from development to production;
- Provide technical and functional guiding to team members;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 year's experience in either development or infrastructure management / automation;
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration, infrastructure-as-code, application release automation concepts, frameworks and tools;
- Experience with at least one source control management system (TFS, git preferred), including branching strategies;
- Experience with at least one CI tool (GitLab, Jenkins);
- Experience using scripting languages (shell, Python, PowerShell);
- Experience with mainstream logging, monitoring and tracing tools;
- Experience in deployment automation;
- Good understanding of distributed builds and parallel deployments;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong written and presentation skills;
- Sense of initiative;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good time and priority management;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- Note that the location of the office is : 405 avenue Ogilvy, near Parc metro station (blue line).
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.