Technical Layout and Quality Control Artist - Temp
10 days ago
Job Title:Technical Layout and Quality Control Artist - Temp
Layout and Quality Control Artist - Temp
As a Layout/QC Artist, you will work closely with the Layout Show Leads to organize, assemble, optimize, and render scenes for review and delivery, with a particular emphasis on supporting and collaborating with the Modeling, Previz, Animation, Simulation, FX, and Lighting teams. You will coordinate with other Layout and QC Artists, DFX Sups, and with leads and artists from other departments to identify, analyze, and track issues, and to communicate progress and resolutions. You will also work with the Layout Show Leads to evaluate shots for final rendering, and with other QC Artists to scrutinize the final frames rendered for the show. Finally, you will have opportunities to contribute to the creation, configuration, and management of the set dressing of scenes and crowd simulations!
- 2+ years of experience as a layout, animation support, technical and/or artistic quality control, or general animation-related technical artist
- Strong eye for visual detail
- Enjoys and excels at problem-solving
- Exceptional communications skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Unrelenting self-motivation, initiative, and diligence
- Broad understanding and familiarity with animation pipelines
- Proficiency using Maya or equivalent
- Knowledge of production tracking and review tools, such as ShotGrid and RV
- Experience rendering with RenderMan and Redshift, or equivalent
- A passion for Blizzard’s mission: what we create and seek to represent
- College degree in an artistic/technical field, or comparable shown experience
- Skill with additional software used to create animated shorts, such as:
- Crowd/simulation software – Golaem, Houdini
- Lighting/compositing software – Katana, Nuke
- Imaging software – Photoshop, Gimp
- Scripting interest or experience, especially with Python
- A particular passion for Blizzard games, stories, and worlds
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our user experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.