This job might no longer be available.
Technical Infrastructure Program Manager
16 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
You will be responsible for prioritization, scheduling and execution of Point of Presence deployments, upgrades and decommissions across the Twitch Global Network. You will manage our cross-functional projects, which require working with all organizational levels and groups including network operations, network engineering staff and internal project management teams, as well as external vendors. You will identify and document project scope, develop and manage project schedules, identify risks to project partners, establish risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle. A strong background in IT infrastructure, technology deployment or computer science is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget.
- Manage multiple competing cross-organizational projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale
- Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs
- Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up
- Drive simplification efforts in engineering and project/program management and architectures to unblock innovation
- Create predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts
- Maintain project documentation and records in documents and tools
- Identify issues with deployment and support processes and facilitate process improvement activities across teams
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
- Experience in Networking technologies and building and/or operating networks
- Experience in commercial data center, co-location environments, and/or optical transport/network environments.
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk and critical path management.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and balance across competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
- PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
- Agile\SCRUM certifications\training
- MCSA\CCNA certifications or equivalent work experience in either networking or server sysadmin
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW7038
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.