Technical Game Designer
13 days ago
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is currently seeking an experienced Technical Game Designer for a new co-development project! This coveted action RPG is a fan favourite around the world.
You will use your technical skills to revamp and develop features alongside a talented group of designers and engineers. The ideal candidate has experience scripting in Lua, C#, Python, or similar, and has a passion for first-person shooters.
- Use your creative, scripting, and technical skills to add new features to existing systems
- Take creative direction from design leads to meet product goals
- Work within a team of designers and technical designers to achieve set goals
- Collaborate and work closely with engineering support teams
- Partner with both internal and external partner teams within an agile framework
- Proficient at scripting with Lua, C#, Python, or similar scripting languages
- 3+ years experience in a game design or technical design role
- Experience using game engines such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, or similar
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Solid understanding of first-person shooters
- AAA title experience
- Passionate about action MMO games
- Experience creating content using Map Builders or Mods
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.