This job might no longer be available.
Technical Game Designer
14 days ago
- Prototyping gameplay ideas for core combat and moment-to-moment mechanics and systems, combat characters, their feel, behavior, abilities, and encounters in various settings
- Implementing character with animations and behavior using state machines, behavior trees, visual effects, sound effects & combat encounters with arena layouts, and pacing using provided level design tools and various other scripting systems
- Creating designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Remaining current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence
- At least 2+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- Strong scripting skills with 3D math background
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- A clear understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Gameplay Ability System and C++ programming
- JIRA, Confluence and Perforce Knowledge
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
The role regards the project that is yet to be announced.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.