Technical Game Designer
13 days ago
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization, until delivery of the game
- Creating player's interaction with the world and enemies
- Playing attention to mechanics introduced to the game and cooperating with the departments of animation, sound, GFX and programming, to make sure that these mechanisms are fun and engaging, and at the same time represent the highest visual and sound quality
- Cooperating with programmers on how features should be implemented and define what should be data driven and what shouldn't
- Providing clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams
- Implementing player character with animations and behavior using animation blueprints, montages, visual effects & sound effects using various scripting systems in relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
- Acting as a first person of contact with all technical game design issues and be able to determine when something can be manageable in script, and when it should be handled in code by programmers team
- Creating detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offer solutions,
- Attending playtests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered
- 3+ Years of professional game design/scripting experience
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Experience in game design – both practice and theory (paper design and implementation)
- Experience with visual scripting systems or other experience with programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Solid theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in depth understanding of major elements of game design
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Ability to prioritize and deliver best quality work under tight schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and passion for RPG genre games
- Shipped AAA title experience
- Former programming experience
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.